Review into restrictions on caravan and chalet owners

CARAVAN and chalet owners who are threatened with being evicted from their homes next Christmas have been told there will be a full review of restrictions.

Residents at the caravan and chalet parks, which are mainly in flood risk zones, have been told by council bosses that there is a lack of consistency in seasonal occupancy restrictions.

Earlier this year residents living in some areas were told by Tendring Council they would not be forced to leave their homes this winter.

But the council said it could have taken enforcement action on November 1 if people continued to occupy properties in the winter contrary to conditions attached to their planning permissions.

Carlo Guglielmi, cabinet member for planning, said: “Our main concern is – and always has been – the safety of residents of these various sites.

“However, we must consider whether the reasons for imposing conditions in the past are still relevant today and how best to balance them against the overall needs of residents.

“I think we have an understanding with the residents over how we are going about this and we will come back with a comprehensive report which looks at all the various issues.”

The review will include Bel Air in St Osyth, Point Clear Bay, Clear Springs in Dovercourt, Homestead Caravan Park in Weeley and Great Bentley Caravan Park.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree