Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting HMSNEWS to 80360 or you can email us Click here for details »
Firefighters called to chimney fire
11:38am Wednesday 15th January 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a cottage after a blaze broke out at the top of a chimey.
Crews from Colchester and Manningtree were called to the home, in Colchester Road, Ardleigh, at 9.50am this morning (Wednesday).
They used an aerial ladder platform to reach the fire.
Wick Lane was closed in both directions while firefighters dealt with the blaze.
Crews left the scene just before 11.30am.
Comments are closed on this article.