Cleaner saves elderly woman after oxygen cylinder catches fire

First published in News

AN ELDERLY woman escaped serious injury when a quick-thinking cleaner spotted her oxygen cylinder was on fire.

The cleaner managed to switch off the cylinder tap at the sheltered accommodation in Maple Close, Dovercourt, before any severe damage was caused.

It had been set alight by a cigarette.

The woman, in her 70s, lives at Crooked Elms, which is run by Tendring Council.

She was taken to hospital suffering from shock but escaped any further injuries following the incident.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree