AN angry mother is demanding an apology after her tearful daughter called to tell her the bus taking her to school had crashed twice.

Julia Brown said her 12-year-old daughter Isabella was one of many children on the 104 service from Harwich to Colchester when the bus was involved in a collision.

She found out about the accident when her daughter called her in tears from the roadside.

Julia, of Brooklyn Road, Dovercourt, said the first accident involved a collision between the bus and a van or lorry.

She said Isabella had told her the bus veered off the road and almost ended up in a garden.

Julia said: “Some of the children who were at the back of the bus have told me the driver of the lorry got out of the vehicle and started walking towards the bus and the bus driver drove away.”

She added a few minutes later the bus was involved in a collision with a car.

Julia said: “The driver got out of her car and walked to the bus, the driver got out to speak to her and then gave her the company’s insurance details.

“The second accident happened at about 8am as my daughter called me at 8.03am in tears.

“The children were not checked but were then put on to the next bus and taken to school.”

Julia has since been in touch with the parents of other children on the bus and says the company have yet to approach anyone about the accident.

Isabella, who is a student at Manningtree High School, recently suffered a dislocated knee and is walking with crutches.

Julia continued: “I was really angry he hadn’t stopped at the first crash and at the fact they could see my daughter was on crutches yet they haven’t checked her over.

“This could have been a lot worse.

"We were not informed and have received no apology.”

The two crashes happened in the Mistley Heath area.

Steve Hartman, operations manager for First Colchester, said: “Our driver was unfortunately involved in two minor incidents with third party vehicles whilst driving on the 104 service on February 23.

“No injuries were reported at the scene and after the second incident, all remaining passengers were transferred on to an alternative bus to continue with their journeys.”

Mr Hartman added: “A comprehensive investigation was undertaken into both incidents and all matters relating to claims from the third party vehicles involved are being dealt with by our insurers.”