Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting HMSNEWS to 80360 or you can email us Click here for details »
Family still trying to understand tragedy
1:30pm Friday 8th March 2013 in Harwich and Manningtree News
THE SISTER of a man who took a fatal overdose said the tragedy still doesn’t make sense four months on.
Mark Rees died at his mother’s home in Churchill Court in Parkeston Road, Dovercourt, on October 15 last year, after taking too much paracetamol.
An inquest on Tuesday, March 5, heard Mr Rees, who was 31 and a single father of three, had been having problems with his partner and had made suicidal suggestions to his work colleague.
The night before his death he arrived at his mother Rosemary Rees’s home to spend the night, after suffering domestic problems. The next morning she went to check on him but he had already died.
A post-mortem showed Mr Rees had died from paracetamol toxicity which shut his organs down.