STANWAY ROVERS’ impressive form continued with a 3-2 victory at home to Histon, in the Thurlow Nunn League.

Kem Izzet’s side made it three straight premier division victories after this latest success at The Hawthorns.

Joe Heron and Kieron Ayling put them in a commanding position but the visitors were back on level terms following goals either side of the break.

However, Toby Blanche popped up with a winner for in-form Rovers.

Elsewhere, WIVENHOE TOWN and FC CLACTON both had home matches but the Dragons went down 4-1 against Long Melford.

The visitors took the lead courtesy of an early tap-in and Wivenhoe’s task became harder following a red card for Dorin Brat.

Melford then added their second after the break from an unmarked header.

A clever lobbed effort extended their advantage before the Dragons grabbed their consolation from the penalty spot, following a foul on Callum Griffiths.

Griffiths dusted himself down before converting to the keeper’s right.

However, Melford added a fourth before the end to complete a comfortable victory.

Clacton welcomed Great Yarmouth Town to the Rush Green Bowl but had to be content with a share of the spoils from a 0-0 draw.

With the wind behind them in the first half, their best efforts same from Kevin Coyle, twice, and Brightlingsea Regent loanee Harry McDonald.

Billy Wales later saw an angled drive turned behind by the Yarmouth keeper, while at the other end Luke Avenell had to be alert to tip over a long-range effort from the Bloaters.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC were unable to make it eight straight wins as they went down 2-1 at Saffron Walden Town.

The Imps went in front thanks to returning striker Ollie Mann, heading home at the far post.

More chances then went begging, with the home keeper making three fantastic saves, before Saffron Walden levelled.

Brantham then had a golden chance at the death, when they were awarded a penalty for a foul on joint-manager Michael Brothers.

However, Mann blazed his spot-kick over the bar and, to rub salt into the wound, the hosts pounced in the closing stages to grab their winner.

In division one, LITTLE OAKLEY were unable to build on last week’s victory against Norwich United Reserves as they went down 2-1 at Diss Town.

The Acorns grabbed a second-half consolation after finding themselves two-down at the break.

BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES did not have a fixture on Saturday.