THERE was a north Essex derby in the FA Vase second qualifying round and HALSTEAD TOWN made progress after eliminating neighbours STANWAY ROVERS 2-1.

Both sides play in the Thurlow Nunn League but it was the first division hosts who upset their premier division opponents thanks to Karl Andrade's header and a brilliant individual effort from Tyler Kemp.

Jordan Blackwell had equalised for Rovers with a curling free-kick from 25 yards.

Halstead return to league action on Tuesday night, when they entertain Team Bury, while Stanway's next match is their home derby against Wivenhoe Town, on Friday.

COGGESHALL TOWN and Bostik League side Redbridge will meet in a replay on Tuesday night after drawing 2-2.

Substitute Dan McCullock put Coggeshall ahead but the Motormen levelled and it was all-square at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

McCullock then scored again in extra-time but the hosts equalised for a second time to set up a replay at West Street.

HOLLAND FC also drew 2-2 in their tie at Wodson Park, of the Spartan South Midlands League, thanks to goals from the in-form Steve Eaton and Reece Keating.

They will meet in a replay at the Rush Green Bowl on Thursday.

The sides cannot meet on Tuesday as Holland use FC Clacton's ground and the Seasiders have a home match against Stowmarket Town.

LITTLE OAKLEY'S inaugural appearance in the Vase ended in a disappointing 10-1 defeat at Essex Senior League outfit Tower Hamlets.

Stephen Polley scored the Acorns' goal, pouncing on a defensive error to make it 3-1.

Away from the Vase, there were some important Thurlow Nunn League premier division matches with BRANTHAM ATHLETIC finishing strongly to beat Haverhill Rovers 4-1.

Jack Smith scored twice for the hosts, after well-taken lobbed efforts from Sean Bartlett and Sam Newson.

Brantham are away to Hadleigh United on Tuesday.

WIVENHOE TOWN lost 2-0 at runaway leaders Felixstowe and Walton, who have now won all 11 of their 11 matches.

Both goals came in the first half and the Dragons defended well to prevent the damage being worse, in front of a bumper crowd of 452.

FC CLACTON led twice but had to be content with a 2-2 draw at Newmarket Town.

Terry Rymer's penalty, after a handball, and a Kevin Coyle goal had put the Seasiders 1-0 and 2-1 ahead.

However, the Jockeys snatched a share of the spoils after scoring again deep in stoppage time.