ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a), AND PARAGRAPH 27(1) OF SCHEDULE 9 THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE, COLCHESTER TO HORSLEY CROSS, ESSEX) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018Notice ID: MF0283589
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a), AND PARAGRAPH 27(1) OF SCHEDULE 9 THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE, COLCHESTER TO HORSLEY CROSS, ESSEX) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (a) has made an Order on the A120 Trunk Road in Essex to enable carriageway repairs, associated works, construction of a new roundabout at Harwich Road, Little Bentley (Pellens Corner) and routine maintenance to be carried out in safety. The works are expected to take place in phases over approximately 6 weeks, overnight (8pm-6am) starting on, or after, Monday 9 July 2018, and will be carried out in phases using carriageway and slip road closures. The Pellens Corner roundabout construction works will continue until early 2019. A temporary mandatory speed limit will be in force at times in the interest of safety.
The effect of the Order on the A120 will be to –
1. impose for 24 hours daily, a speed limit of 40 miles per hour or 50 miles per hour on the A120 –
• eastbound from its diverge with the A12 at Crown interchange, Colchester to its junction with the B1035 Horsley Cross Roundabout, and
• eastbound and westbound carriageways from a point 850 metres west of the eastbound exit slip road leading to the A133 at Hare Green to the B1035 Horsley Cross Roundabout.
2. close, alternately overnight, the A120 –
• eastbound from the A12 at Crown Interchange to the B1035 Horsley Cross Roundabout – diverting traffic via the A1232, A133, B1033, and B1035 to rejoin the A120,
• westbound at Crown Interchange – diverting traffic to exit and enter via the slip roads,
• eastbound entry slip road at Crown Interchange,
• westbound exit slip road at Crown Interchange – diverting traffic to continue to J28, exit and return via A120 eastbound to Crown Interchange, and
• eastbound and westbound carriageways between the B1035 Horsley Cross Roundabout and the A133 overbridge at Hare Green – diverting westbound traffic via the B1035, B1033 and A133, vice versa for eastbound, and close for 24 hours daily –
• all lay-bys between the A12 and Horsley Cross, and
• gaps in the central reserve opposite its junctions with Park Road, Little Bromley Road and Bentley Road, during construction of the new roundabout at Pellens Corner – local diversions to be signed in addition to the main diversions described above.
Access to or from the A120 from various side roads will be restricted at times, local diversions will be in place. Access to properties fronting the A120 will be maintained at all times during the works.
The A120 Trunk Road (Colchester to Parkeston, Essex) (Temporary Restriction and Prohibition of Traffic) Order 2017/1204) and The A120 Trunk Road (Great Bromley, Essex) (Temporary 40 Miles Per Hour Speed Restriction) Order 2018/93 will be revoked by this Order. The temporary mandatory speed limit (which will not apply to emergency service or special forces vehicles), closures (which will not apply to emergency service, traffic officer, or works vehicles) and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works.
The Order will come into force on 9 July 2018 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months or until the works detailed above have been completed, whichever is the earlier. Mrs Y A Tomkins, Highways England Company Limited (a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered office Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Chris Eglinton at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW by telephoning 0300 470 4825 or by email to email@example.com