LITTLE Oakley shared the spoils for a third successive game in the Essex Senior League after drawing 2-2 at Hoddesdon Town, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

The Acorns will feel they could have taken all three points but overall, it was probably a fair result.

Hoddesdon got off to a quick start with an intricate move through midfield resulting in a long shot that Joyce palmed around his post for a corner.

The corner was over hit and went harmlessly wide.

Oakley started to grow into the game with Rowe tacking on his defender, crossed into the box where man of the match Mason Ridgeway-Lumley was running at pace and at full stretch to get a touch on the ball but narrowly missed seeing the ball go out for a goal kick.

Hoddesdon’s goal-kick went a long way up-field onto the right winger who cut in a hit a low drive that came off the post and went wide.

With the game boasting some end-to-end play Oakley intercepted a back pass from the Hoddesdon centre-half which put Ridgeway Lumley free to run at the keeper and finish coolly placing the ball between the keeper’s legs, giving the visitors the lead.

Oakley were now in the ascendency and a jinking run by Rodgers saw him take a bending shot which went wide of the post.

Hoddesdon moved the ball from back to front getting into the Oakley box but good defending prevented a clear shot on goal and the ball was deflected off for a corner.

The ball was floated in and found the Hoddesdon midfield player free and able to head the ball past Joyce, to level the scores.

The ball was now in midfield with both teams trying to get a firm grip on the game.

Oakley worked the ball out from the keeper and sprayed a long ball to Ridgeway-Lumley who rose well and flicked the ball into Rodger’s path.

It allowed him to control the ball and run towards goal waiting for the keeper to come out and then calmly pass the ball into the net, to restore Oakley's lead.

Hoddesdon started to attack and put a dangerous cross into the box where Farthing went to clear but sliced the ball towards his own goal where Joyce produced a fantastic save.

But he pushed the ball back into play and straight at the Hoddesdon centre-forward who shot and found the back of the net for 2-2.

The final action of the first half saw two quick attacks by Oakley, both being saved by the Hoddesdon keeper.

Oakley came out for the second half and from a Nobbs corner, Harman shot wide from the edge of the box.

A move along midfield by Oakley saw ten passes culminating in Mann being played into the box with defenders at both sides.

With the keeper coming out, Mann got a shot off but only managed to find the side netting.

Oakley were building up a head of steam and gained a corner.

The corner was crossed into the box where Harman attempted a shot which was deflected out for another flag kick.

Nobbs crossed to the back of the box finding Ridgeway Lumley who headed the ball against the post and out for a goal-kick.

Oakley continued to press but were unable to forge any clear cut chances, with the remainder of the game being played in midfield.

Oakley do not have a game this weekend, due to their opponents being in a cup match.