BRAINTREE Town Reserves' phenomenal form in division one of the Thurlow Nunn League continued with an excellent home win as they came from behind to beat Debenham LC.

This was a meeting of two sides in good form, with Debenham having won their last three games and the Young Irons taking 19 points from their previous seven outings.

In fact the last side to beat them had been Debenham in the reverse fixture at the start of November, but there was revenge this time at the IronmongeryDirect Stadium.

They had to come from behind to gain it, though, as Debenham took the lead in the third minute after making a strong start and their robust approach was rewarded by Craig Jennings' heading in on his Hornets debut after joining from Felixstowe and Walton United.

However, the Young Irons didn't panic and played their way back into the game, with Joe Jones firing in a deserved equalising goal before half-time.

Braintree stepped up the pace after the break and Jones was well-placed to drill in a shot from an acute angle in the 70th minute with a goal that not only completed his brace, but wrapped up the points for the hosts.

Another side taking all three points were HALSTEAD TOWN, but their win came on the road at Team Bury as the Humbugs ended a five-game winless run with a 3-0 victory at Ram Meadow.

Chris Harris put Halstead ahead at half-time and the only frustration was that it wasn't a greater lead at the break, however, Harris was soon on target again at the start of the second half to double the advantage.

Halstead stayed on top and had efforts from Jake Brown and James Baker rattle the woodwork, but Lewis Cunliffe headed in from a free-kick to make sure their dominance was reflected more in the scoreline.

LITTLE OAKLEY were another side who found the back of the net three times, but their treble of goals only earned the Acorns a point as they drew 3-3 at Leiston Reserves.

The visitors had to come back from 3-1 behind to get the draw, though, as they had Lewis Wood, Jordan Heath and Shaun Kioussis on target.

HOLLAND FC were also on the road, but there was no happy ending for them as they were beaten 2-1 at AFC Sudbury Reserves after being level at 1-1 at half-time.