STANWAY ROVERS maintained their winning ways by seeing off Haverhill Borough in an exciting Thurlow Nunn League contest.

Jordan Palmer put them ahead and although the visitors were level by half-time, a second from Palmer and one from Jordan Blackwell led Kem Izzet’s men to a 3-2 victory.

Rovers’ Friday night success at The Hawthorns lifted them to sixth in the premier division, although they dipped back to seventh after Saturday’s matches.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC celebrated a much-needed 4-2 victory at Newmarket Town.

It proved a real tonic, after three straight league defeats and Tuesday’s Suffolk Premier Cup quarter-final setback against Bury Town.

The Imps made a dream start through player joint-boss Michael Brothers.

George Clarke then won and converted a penalty before Sam Newson steered home after an assist from Sean Bartlett.

The Jockeys pulled one back with a penalty of their own but Clarke’s cool finish after a great through ball made it 4-1.

Newmarket notched another in the second half but it came too late to alter the destination of the points.

Elsewhere at the top of the table, COGGESHALL TOWN kept the pressure on leaders Felixstowe and Walton thanks to a 3-0 victory at Ipswich Wanderers.

Tom Monk scored either side of the break before a late third from Ross Wall.

FC CLACTON announced a hat-trick of new signings ahead of their match at Great Yarmouth.

Adam Simmonds and Laszlo Santa, both 18, were named in the squad while striker Terry Rymer has re-signed after a spell at Brantham.

Clacton went into the game without a point or a goal this year and that trend continued after a 2-0 defeat on the Norfolk coast.

WIVENHOE TOWN also announced some additions to their squad ahead of their home match against Walsham-le-Willows, which the Suffolk side won 5-1.

Former Braintree Town and Witham Town defender Tommy Hays has joined the Dragons, following in the footsteps of recent recruits Lewis Down, Aaron Donaldson and Myles Passley.

There have also been some changes to the management set-up, with Ian Smith taking a break after five and a half seasons at the club and Gary Burdett stepping up to become player assistant-manager. Dave Childs is taking charge of the reserves.

Wivenhoe went into Saturday’s game hunting their second straight win, after beating Haverhill Borough in their last outing at the GMP Plant Hire Stadium.

Things started well when they took the lead through Ross McClintock, after a good through ball from Ross Charnock.

But Walsham were level and then ahead before half-time, before adding three more, including a penalty, in the second period.

Wivenhoe have also confirmed the departure of Billy Latto and, having subsequently joined HOLLAND FC, he was on the bench for the coastal side’s first division contest at home to leaders Woodbridge Town.

It finished 3-1 to the Suffolk side, with Fin O’Reilly grabbing the hosts’ goal after a couple of first-half efforts from the Woodpeckers.

Woodbridge then notched a third before Steve Eaton was sent off and Keelan Sorrell missed a penalty for Holland.

Elsewhere in division one, LITTLE OAKLEY won 4-2 at home to King’s Lynn Town Reserves while HALSTEAD TOWN secured a 3-1 victory at Norwich CBS.

Jake Brown and Jack Schelvis scored early in the second half before a late third from Kane Gilbert.

BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES romped to a 6-0 victory at home to Norwich United Reserves.