THERE were high fives for on-song HARWICH AND PARKESTON as the Shrimpers notched their fifth straight Thurlow Nunn League victory.

Kieron Shelley’s side cantered to a 4-0 success at Newbury Forest, adding to previous division south triumphs against Braintree Town Reserves, Burnham Ramblers and Brightlingsea Regent Reserves.

“It was a great result and our best performance of the season so far,” said an ecstatic Shelley, who handed a debut to Stanway Rovers loanee Callum Griffith.

“We played some exceptional football on a poor pitch and the team effort and bond among the boys is fantastic.”

Needham Market loanee Tyler Rose notched twice and he was joined on the scoresheet by Jordan Heath and Ryan Heath.

Harwich are up to fourth in the table while the Gazette’s highest-placed side are HALSTEAD TOWN.

Mark McLean’s men are second, level with leaders White Ensign, after an incredible 4-3 victory at HOLLAND FC.

After the coastal side took an early lead, Halstead had the upper hand at half-time thanks to goals from Ben Morgan and Kane Gilbert.

Holland equalised five minutes after the restart but late goals from Gilbert, from the penalty spot, and Chris Harris gave Halstead breathing space.

The hosts grabbed another goal right at the death but by then the points were safe.

Given that Holland are sixth and had won their previous four league and cup matches, scoring freely in the process, Halstead’s success must surely rank as the performance of the day among the Gazette’s sides.

Elsewhere, there was another exciting game as COGGESHALL UNITED pipped hosts LITTLE OAKLEY 3-2.

However, it was not such a good day for two more of our sides as BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES went down 3-2 at Burnham and BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to leaders White Ensign.

WIVENHOE TOWN were without a fixture on Saturday and return to action next weekend, at home to May and Baker.

It was also a disappointing day for the Gazette’s two premier division sides, FC CLACTON and BRANTHAM ATHLETIC.

The Seasiders had been hoping to gain revenge on Newmarket Town, who they were beating 3-2 in the reverse fixture in Suffolk – only to concede twice late on and lose 4-3.

The sides met again at the Rush Green Bowl on Saturday but it was the Jockeys who went on to complete a double, running out 2-1 winners.

After falling behind just before half-time, Karl Andrade’s penalty put the hosts back in the game five minutes after the restart.

However, Newmarket grabbed their winner in the closing stages.

After back-to-back defeats, Clacton will now hope to get back to winning ways when they host White Ensign in a rearranged League Cup tie on Tuesday night.

Brantham, meanwhile, went down 2-0 at Thetford Town.

The hosts scored a goal in either half.

Aside from Clacton’s cup match, the only other midweek fixture of note is Coggeshall’s trip to Benfleet in the First Division Knockout Cup on Wednesday.

STANWAY ROVERS were in Essex Senior League action at St Margaretsbury but lost 2-1.