NORTH Essex sides marched on after a memorable day of success in the FA Cup.

STANWAY ROVERS, HARWICH AND PARKESTON and HALSTEAD TOWN won on the road, while there was also extra preliminary round glory for FC CLACTON at the Austin Arena.

Stanway’s safe passage followed an excellent 2-1 victory at Hullbridge Sports.

It continued the club’s flying start to the season, with three wins from three league and cup matches.

Jordan Blackwell gave them an early lead and it was doubled just before the hour-mark by Tom Holdstock.

Hullbridge pulled one back eight minutes from time, from the penalty spot, but it was not enough to deny Danny Slatter’s men.

Harwich won by the same score at Ilford.

It was the club’s first FA Cup tie for a decade, since losing 4-1 at London Colney in August 2009.

The Shrimpers’ goals came in either half, scored by Kevin Coyle and Jordan Heath.

And although the hosts halved the deficit, Kieron Shelley’s men were not to be denied.

Joining Stanway and Harwich in the preliminary round will be Halstead, who won 3-1 at Sawbridgeworth Town.

After falling behind, the Humbugs turned the match on its head thanks to goals from Tom Cook and Kane Munday.

Callum Vincent then added their third three minutes into the second period.

Clacton brushed aside visiting St Margaretsbury 3-0.

The Seasiders nosed ahead early on before adding two more after the break.

Mekhi McKenzie, Jake Clowsley and Chris Ribchester were on target for Tom Austin’s men.

COGGESHALL UNITED bowed out of the competition after a 1-0 defeat at Woodbridge Town.

While some sides were in FA Cup action, others had regular Thurlow Nunn League fixtures to concentrate on and BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES got the first division south programme underway with an excellent 3-1 victory at home to May and Baker, on Friday night.

Ashley Sauka gave them a dream start with a goal in the seventh minute and although the visitors levelled on the stroke of half-time, Regent pushed on after the break and regained their lead courtesy of Quentin Daly’s penalty.

Fin Hughes then put the cherry on the cake with a third.

Elsewhere, HOLLAND FC lost 2-0 at home to Wormley Rovers and WIVENHOE TOWN went down 2-1 at home to Lopes Tavares.

After finding themselves two-down, George Hart grabbed a consolation goal for the Dragons.

LITTLE OAKLEY drew 1-1 at home to Frenford, after taking the lead through Harry Mann.

The striker turned the ball home after a drilled cross from Greg Rodger.