HARWICH and Parkeston hero Jordan Heath admitted it was one of the highlights of his career to score in Saturday's FA Cup success at Ilford.

The Shrimpers' 2-1 extra preliminary round victory came in the club's first FA Cup tie for a decade, since losing 4-1 at London Colney in August 2009.

Their goals came in either half, scored by Kevin Coyle and skipper Heath.

And although the hosts halved the deficit, Kieron Shelley’s men were not to be denied and now host BetVictor Isthmian League division north side Romford on August 24.

Heath was delighted to play his part in a milestone success and said it was a huge achievement, individually and collectively.

"Three years ago, the club was on the verge of folding so this shows the amazing progress that's been made in a short space of time," said the prolific frontman.

"I was really happy and proud to lead the team out as captain, ten years on from the last FA Cup tie.

"The fact we managed to win was no less than we we deserved for everyone's efforts on and off the pitch in the last couple of years.

"On a personal note, I've played in the FA Trophy, FA Vase and FA Cup for other clubs at a higher level.

"However, captaining and scoring an important goal for my hometown club, which helped us progress to the next round, topped any of those experiences.

"They're memories that will stick with me forever."

More than 100 Harwich fans travelled down the A12 to Ilford's Cricklefield Stadium.

"The players, (assistant manager) Mike (Wallace) and myself really did appreciate it," said Shelley.

"To see over 100 fans with flags, FA Cups and drums was unbelievable and we hope everyone enjoyed their day."

Harwich continued their winning ways with another eye-catching result on Tuesday.

They visited Coggeshall United in the Essex Senior Cup preliminary round and progressed after a 3-2 victory.

They could now play neighbours Little Oakley in the next round - if the Acorns manage to see off Burnham Ramblers next Tuesday.

Adie Cant, Sam Cripps and impressive debutant Miles Wallace were on target at West Street.

Both Coggeshall goals came from the penalty spot.

"After our fantastic FA Cup win on Saturday, this was another very good display," said a delighted Shelley.

"We played some very good football."

"It was a brilliant performance by the boys and lovely to see Miles get his first goal for the club, on his debut," added assistant boss Wallace.

Harwich return to Thurlow Nunn League first division south action on Saturday and make the trip to White Ensign.