LITTLE Oakley drew 1-1 with St Margaretsbury in their latest Essex Senior League clash, at the Memorial Ground, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

While it was a good performance, the Acorns will consider this as two points dropped with the amount of chances that went begging.

Oakley boss Matt Carmichael makes several changes with Farthing in for Dobkin who was unavailable, David Salakot in for the injured Garrard and Rodgers for Mayhew, meaning a front three of Rowe, Mann, and Rodgers.

Wood's speculative punt down the middle saw man of the match Harry Mann hold off the defender, work some space and then hit a curving shot towards goal.

With the Saints keeper beaten and stuck to his line, the ball bent narrowly wide of the goal.

Oakley fell behind before half-time.

Evans' long ball was worked up the field to Nolan whose 25-yard dipping shot kept low and bounced just in front of Joyce, who allowed the ball to travel over his outstretched hands.

Oakley continued to play neat football and thought they had equalised when a passing move saw Harry Mann moved through St Margaretsbury defence and coolly slotted home.

But once the ball hit the net the linesman raised his flag, and the goal was chalked off for offside.

Abe fired a shot wide for Saints, as Oakley went in trailing at the break.

Oakley came out with a new determination with a positive half-time team-talk from Carmichael.

Rodgers' stinging shot was saved by keeper Boylan who palmed the ball back into play to the Acorns player, whose dipping shot sailed just over.

This was Oakley at full speed with many passes being exchanged and players making darting runs.

It culminated in Mann sliding in on Rodger's cross for what appeared to be a certain goal, only to see the ball scrape a post and go wide.

The Acorns equalised with 15 minutes remaining when a St Margaretsbury clearance found Rodger 30 yards out.

The ball bounced and then sat up kindly for Rodger who hit an unstoppable drive into the top corner of the net, with the Saints keeper rooted to his line.

But with Oakley on the attack a disputed discussion given against them, Rodger complained to the referee who decided it was worthy of a sin bin.

Rodgers continued to complain and the referee sent him off.

The ten men of Oakley continued to attack and a frantic ten minutes saw two golden opportunities fall for Farthing in the box, with both chances going wide from deep in the six-yard box.

Mann again put the ball in the net only to be ruled offside and the St Margaretsbury keeper also made a string of saves, as the spoils were shared.

Little Oakley's first team are away to Walthamstow on Saturday, while the Reserves host Gas Recreation - both kick-off at 3pm.