LITTLE Oakley secured a second successive win following a 2-1 win at Woodford Town, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

The Acorns moved up the Essex Senior League table with two wins in a row.

Oakley are still missing their captain Lewis Wood and winger Mayhew, who was unavailable.

Garrard returned and started on the bench, while new signing Sam Cooke started.

Oakley started lively with a flowing move where Nobbs won the ball then played into Mann’s feet who found his strike partner Cooke.

He laid the ball back to Mann who hit the ball first time bringing a good save from the Woodford keeper.

Oakley won the ball in midfield where the ball was played into Mann who contrived a smart flick where Rodger ran through the middle of the field bearing down on goal.

But an alert Woodford keeper came to the edge of the box and smothered the ball before Rodger could get his shot off.

Oakley continued to press and were award a free-kick in the centre of the Woodford half.

Nobbs flighted the ball towards Mann who won the duel and flicked the ball on, finding man of the match Brad James, who fired into the side netting.

From the goal-kick the ball went down into the Oakley half where it was crossed in dangerously, but Dobkin climbed highest to clear.

Woodford retained the ball and again crossed into the centre of the box where Joyce came out commandingly and caught the ball.

The game was more open, and several scuffles broke out.

Both sides now had possession in midfield with the defences being more dominant.

Oakley gained the ball in midfield where James played a defence-splitting pass where the Woodford keeper came out to clear his lines.

But it only just reached the ball before Cooke could get to it.

The ball was picked up by Rowe 30 yards from goal who calmly lobed the ball over the keeper into the empty net to give Oakley the lead.

For the second week in a row Oakley had possession in their area and Harman went to clear the ball but fired it against Farthing.

The ball bounced back into the path of Woodford's centre-forward who placed the ball past Joyce levelling the scores.

Oakley had the opportunity to clear but failed to do so, as the hosts got back on level terms.

Woodford were getting stronger and managed to get a cross into the box where a scramble took place and the ball deflected towards the goal, but the alert Joyce saved comfortably.

The second half stared with Rodger gaining a free-kick 25 yards out from the Woodford goal.

Rodger took the kick himself producing a dipping shot that went marginally over the bar.

Woodford started to come back into the game and came close to scoring when a driven cross was met by Anderson, who headed over the bar.

Carmichael decided it was time to make some changes with a view off winning the game.

Cooke who had played well on debut was substituted for Garrard.

Oakley were playing well and had a grip in midfield with both James and Owusu-Boakye running the game.

An interception by Rowe who played the ball to Garrard while running at goal taking the ball in his stride, composing himself and slotting skilfully past the on coming keeper giving the lead back to the rampant Little Oakley side.

Oakley had several half chances but with time running out, Sullivan came on to replace James and added more stability to the Oakley defence.

Oakley showed that they are getting used to the league by managing the latter moments of the game without giving any further chances away, as they claimed victory.