LITTLE Oakley ran out 4-0 winners over Southend Manor at the Memorial Ground in their latest Essex Senior League game, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

Oakley started sharply and mounted several early attacks, leading to a neat passing move that found in-form Harry Mann in the centre of the area with little coverage from the Southend defence.

With the ball at his feet, man of the match Mann kept cool and passed the ball to the side of the keeper to give the Acorns the lead.

Southend responded with an attack that was started from the back working its way slowly up the field.

A neat interchange between the Southend frontline worked an opening for a shot which sailed over the bar.

Oakley were again on the attack with Garrard who drew in a tackle resulting in a foul.

Garrard's free-kick was floated into the centre of the area where Dobkin beat the Southend defence to the ball heading the ball downwards and past the keeper.

Unfortunately for Oakley the ball hit the post and bounced back into the keeper’s hands.

Oakley were on top having attack after attack when Ridgway-Lumley picked up the ball on the wing and ran at the Southend defence getting to the by-line and crossing at pace.

Garrard timed his run to perfection and slid in at the back post for a tap in making it 2-0 to the home side.

The remainder of the half saw Ridgway-Lumley, Garrard, Dobkin, Farthing and Mann all have good efforts on goal.

The second half started much the same as the first half with Oakley mounting attack after attack.

A move started by Joyce saw a long ball played to Cooke, who pinged a pinpoint pass to Ridgway-Lumley.

His shot brought a first class save out of the Southend keeper who pushed the ball onto the bar and out of play.

Oakley then won the ball in midfield and worked the ball out to the wing finding Mann who crossed for Dobkin who tried to pass the ball into the net.

But the Southend Manor keeper deflected the ball back into play finding Dobkin, who again shot straight at the keeper.

Southend were struggling to get any meaningful possession and were camped in their own half.

A cross into the Southend box found the ball bouncing off the bar where it dropped kindly for Rowe who laid the ball back to Cooke.

He clinically dispatched the ball into the back of the net to make it 3-0.

Oakley continued to attack creating chance after chance with a fluent front four who were backed up by a dominant defence.

Oakley were in the driving seat and Garrard's free-kick was deflected back into his path, resulting in a speculative shot which was well saved by the keeper.

With time running out Oakley floated in a corner which saw Dobkin get to the ball first and deftly head the ball into the net, to wrap up victory.