HARWICH and Parkeston played out a 1-1 draw with Holbeach United in Thurlow Nunn League first division north, writes TERRY FRANCIS.

Honours were even at the Gwinnell & Sons Royal Oak when Holbeach made the long midweek journey from Lincolnshire to Harwich to replay a match that had earlier been declared null and void.

Harwich attacked from the kick-off and for most of the first 20 minutes, play was concentrated in the Holbeach penalty area.

During this time the Shrimpers pressure was relentless, with Dan Keeble chipping his shot just over the crossbar, Matt Geen going close with a 25-yard drive and Joe Knight heading inches over the crossbar.

Harwich continued to be well on top but Holbeach did create a chance which saw Jordan Keeble head over the crossbar.

Half-time came with the match goal-less and Harwich unable to turn their domination into goals.

Holbeach came more into the game after the break but Shrimpers goalkeeper Brad Cook was still having a quiet evening.

Then in the 70th minute, Holbeach scored a wonder goal when John Yamasu's first time unstoppable shot from a wide position went high over the head of Cook and into the far corner of the net.

The jubilant Tigers team now had their tails up and Harwich faced a battle to rescue the game.

But the Shrimpers' equaliser came 15 minutes later when Knight did the hard work before firing over a cross which saw Reece Harte nod the ball on for substitute Jordan Heath, playing his first game of the season, turn and riffle his shot into the net for his 100th goal for the club.

There was an exciting finish to the match, with both sides trying to snatch a winner but the spoils were shared.

Harwich play their last league match on the season on Saturday when they entertain Swaffham Town at the Gwinnell & Sons Royal Oak, kick-off 3pm.

They know they need to better Framlingham Town's result at Downham to achieve a third-place finish and a home tie in the first play-off match.

That game will take place on either Tuesday or Wednesday next week.