LITTLE Oakley played out a 1-1 draw with Stanway Rovers in the Essex Senior League, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

The Acorns arrived at the Hawthorns with a full set of results, a win, draw and a loss and are now starting to gel with the new players that joined the club at the start of the season.

The first action saw Stanway's Nathan Fuma fire over the bar from distance, after a lively attack.

Oakley started getting more possession in the middle of the park when a search ball found Oli Travell hugging the wing.

With a defender tight to him, a drop of the shoulder set Travell free to strike a bending shot that went narrowly wide.

Adie Cant was playing in front of the Oakley back four, enabling him to run the game from the centre of the park.

The game was being played at a lively pace when Rowe got free of the Stanway defence and powered in a shot across Stanway keeper Alfie Mariglaini, who pushed the ball around the post for a corner.

Nobbs had to contend with pacy winger Andrew Fennell but this seemed to make the Oakley player up his game.

Mann shot straight at the keeper while Dan Rowe tried his luck from distance with a dipping shot that went marginally over the bar.

Nobbs was demonstrating all his experience when he collected the ball from the back and embarked on a 40-yard run.

He went past half of the Stanway team, finishing with a precise pass to Mann who instantly took a shot which travelled across the area but failed to get a touch and was cleared.

In the 35th minute, Mann was fouled by Jorden Barnett, who argued with the referee and was sin binned.

After a prolonged period of attacks which had Stanway stuck their own half, Oakley took the lead.

An intelligent ball into the Stanway box found Mann, who drilled the ball into the back of the net.

Oakley had four more meaningful attacks but found Mariglaini in great form, as the Acorns went in at the break ahead.

The second half started the second half in much the same manner, with full-on attack.

However, Stanway soon started to get better possession and with the inclusion of Joe Debell, they had a big height advantage up front.

Stanway had the better of the midfield battles and had a series of corners that had Oakley struggling to defend.

Andrew Fennell's shot went just wide, while a powerful header from Debell forced Fowler into a flying save.

Oakley were still posing a threat, but Stanway were looking like they were going to score when a corner was well met by Debell, whose header was well saved by Fowler.

The Oakley keeper managed to push the ball off the goal-line but Mardell was following in and headed home.

Both teams tried to get the winning goal in the closing stages but there were no further clearcut chances, as the spoils were shared.

Oakley player of the match was Ed Nobbs.