LITTLE Oakley continue to climb the Essex Senior League table after claiming an impressive 2-1 win over Barking, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

They have moved up to seventh position, with games in hand.

With several players absent, Oakley were still able to field a strong team with the excellent recruitment that went on by James Good and his team in the close season.

Oakley started well with a sweeping moved from back to front where Lewis Sonnex travelled into the Barking half and carefully playing a ball down the line finding Harry Mann.

Mann took one touch to get the ball out of his feet and crossed to Dan Rowe, who found himself in space and headed the ball goalwards but over the bar.

Harwich and Manningtree Standard:

After a sharp move down the wing resulted in a low cross to the near post it seemed to have been intercepted by keeper Josh Fowler.

But he lost track of the ball and pushed it onto the bar but fortunately help was at hand from his defenders who cleared the ball to safety.

Barking were getting on top with a series of chances where Martin Tuohy won the pall playing a through to Ibrahim Keninder, whose shot was palmed around the post by Fowler.

Oakley became a little sloppy with their passing which gave Aundre Spencer a shooting opportunity that was well fielded by Fowler.

After 37 minutes, Keninder's dribble from outside the Oakley area isolated Lewis Wood who committed a foul.

The penalty was coolly taken by Tuohy, who placed the ball in the corner to give Barking the lead.

Harwich and Manningtree Standard:

But Oakley equalised on the stroke of half-time through Harry Mann, who converted man of the match Ed Nobbs' cross after a good move by the hosts.

The first chance of the half fell to Oliver Travell, whose chip was diverted for a corner by the Barking keeper.

Both sides then continued to have half chances, with the finishing efforts not testing either keeper.

But Oakley grabbed their winner in the 82nd minute when captain Wood makes a late move to the back post from a corner and drilled a powerful header past the keeper.

Barking were then reduced to ten men in strange circumstances when their goalkeeper was sent off for allegedly using bad language towards a member of the officials.

Things only got worst for Barking when Nazor continued his protests and was sent to the sin bin.

Barking pushed hard for an equaliser but Oakley managed to hang on and take the points.