LITTLE Oakley conceded in stoppage-time to lose 2-1 to West Essex, in the Essex Senior League, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

The Acorns were out of the traps quickly, with Mann receiving the ball and finding Papple in the area.

But Sanches Hardy's last-ditch tackle was enough to clear his line and prevent a potential goalscoring opportunity.

West Essex then started to get a foot hold in the game and Zak Oliver's shot on the half turn found Luke Skinner firmly behind the ball.

With much of the game being played in midfield, Oakley were awarded a free-kick.

Adrian Cant picked out captain Wood who powered in a header which was tipped over for a corner by goalkeeper Michael Corderoy.

The resultant set-piece found Sibbons who laid the ball off to Harman but his shot was easily gathered by Corderoy.

The game was end to end when Bartlett-Antwi received a bouncing ball in the box and skilfully lifted it over Wood’s head and hit a shot on the half volley but fortunately for Oakley, he only found the outside netting.

Oakley then had a five-minute period where they gained greater possession.

From a corner, Sibbons got a strong header on target but Corderoy pushed over the bar.

Harwich and Manningtree Standard:

The ball was dropped into the centre of the six-yard box where Harman found some space, heading home past the keeper to put the hosts 1-0 up.

Oakley continued to press when a through ball went past the West Essex defence found Papple.

But poor control pushed him wide, reducing the angle and forcing him to shoot wide of the goal.

West Essex were then awarded a free-kick, 25 yards from goal.

The kick rebounded off the wall and eventually fell to Nathan Rowe, whose shot flew over the bar.

But West Essex equalised in the 43rd minute when Barrlett-Antwi's first-time shot crashed in off the inside of a post, after being found by the diminutive Zak Oliver.

Oakley started the second half quickly and Rowe's shot went high and wide.

But West Essex were getting the better of the midfield and after a good passing move a dangerous cross had to be pushed around a post by Skinner.

Oakley thought they had won the game with time running out when Dan Rowe headed past the keeper but wide of the target.

At the other end, West Essex were pushing for a winner and Bronfield's powerful volley was majestically tipped over by Skinner.

And the visitors claimed victory when Effal tapped in from Oliver's clever free-kick routine for the winner.

Oakley player of the match was Nathan Rowe, who provided 70 minutes of skill and endeavour.