LITTLE Oakley drew 1-1 at ten-man Barking in the Essex Senior League, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

The Acorns had to settle for a point, on the 5G pitch.

Oakley started well and Sibbons' back-post free header sailed over the bar, from Blackwall's cross.

The Acorns continued to attack and Sibbons' powerful header from Cant's free-kick was saved by the Barking keeper.

Barking then won a corner after a good passing move and Sam Shaban fired past Lawlor to give the hosts the lead.

The next move for Oakley was a clearance out of defence which saw Mohammed attempt to play a cross-field ball to the opposite wing.

But the ball was intercepted by Dan Rowe who had a clear run at goal before being flattened by the on-rushing keeper Ben Lane.

The referee had no option than to issue a straight red card and Barking did not have a reserve keeper so had to put an outfield player in goal.

The match then became a game of attrition with Oakley unable to make any meaningful chances and finding Barking still dangerous on the attack.

The last action of the half saw Blackwell's backpass intended for Lawler intercepted by La-Rose.

The ball bounced nicely inviting him to chip the keeper, but the shot went high and wide.

Oakley went in at the break behind and despite enjoying more of the possession after half-time, remained unable to test the keeper with much of the play by both sides being played in the middle of the park.

Barking had a break away moving down the wing to the edge of the area was crossed into the box passed Lawler giving Kayembe a tap in which he fluffed his lines and put the ball wide of the goal.

The hosts were testing the referee's patience with constant time wasting, particularly by their goalkeeper.

Barking looked to have weathered the storm with time almost up when Oakley gained a free-kick in the 95th minute.

The ball was played into the middle of the box where a scramble took place before Harry Mann scooped the ball over the line.

Barking protested that the ball had not gone over the line but the goal stood and it proved to be the last meaningful action of the game.

The home crowd were unhappy with the amount of injury-time played but it reflected the amount of time-wasting taken place.

Oakley player of the match was Lewis Wood, who was strong in both defence and attack and played a true captain's role.