LITTLE Oakley bowed out of the Errington Challenge Cup at the second-round stage after losing 2-0 at Romford, writes LARRY DOBKIN.

Oakley started sluggishly and a poor back pass to Luke Skinner put pressure on him to get to the ball before Toheeb Elegushi was in on goal.

The pitch was playable, but the grass was a little long and bumpy making close control difficult.

Romford had the first real chance when Finlay Dorrell attacked the Oakley defence drawing a good save from Skinner who got down low and held onto a well-directed shot.

The game had not really taken off and both sides were struggling to create any clear-cut chances.

A good passing move by the hosts saw Danny Hurford get a telling cross into the Oakley area and find Dorrell, whose header lacked accuracy and power and Skinner saved comfortably.

Oakley looked good on the break and Luke Hipkin's cross into the box picked out Harry Mann who had cut across the Romford defence.

Mann got a flicked header towards goal, but the ball floated harmlessly passed the goal for a goal-kick.

A long ball out of defence saw Oli Hart allow the ball to bounce but with Hurford in close proximity, Skinner needed to come and help his defender reaching to catch a bouncing ball.

Unfortunately for Skinner, his momentum took him outside his area and give away a handball, earning a yellow card.

Romford started the second half brightly and three minutes after the break, Oakley allowed Elegushi space to get an easy goal and put the home side 1-0 up.

The hosts quickly doubled their lead when a concerted attack saw the ball fall kindly to Christopher Morris, who calmly placed the ball past Skinner.

Oakley started to get a limited amount of possession in midfield and a half chance fell to Dan Rowe, who saw his shot go wide of the upright.

Romford almost made it 3-0 when Ameree Jones beat two Oakley defenders and hit a strong shot that went narrowly wide of the goal.

The remainder of the match fizzled out with Romford comfortable, as Oakley were beaten.

Oakley player of the match was Rory Harman, who worked tirelessly throughout the game.