COGGESHALL TOWN flexed their muscles with a huge 8-0 victory at home to shell-shocked Walsham-le-Willows, in the Thurlow Nunn League.

The Seedgrowers moved to within two points of second-placed Stowmarket Town, thanks to their avalanche of goals at West Street.

Five of them came in the first half, with Nnamdi Nwachuku opening the scoring and then adding a penalty, before Tom Monk made it 3-0.

Ross Wall stretched the hosts’ lead before Nwachuku completed his first-half hat-trick.

Monk then added his second and third goals to complete his own treble, before Nwachuku put the cherry on the cake for Graeme Smith’s side.

There were also lots of goals in the premier division match involving WIVENHOE TOWN – but unfortunately five of them were scored by visitors Kirkley and Pakefield.

Ben Gallifant’s stunning long-range effort meant the Dragons were only trailing 2-1 at half-time, after a competitive first period at the GMP Plant Hire Stadium.

However, by the end Kirkley had stretched their lead to 5-1.

FC CLACTON had to be content with a point after being pegged back and held to a 2-2 draw at Hadleigh United.

New signing Tom Holdstock put the Seasiders ahead, nodding home a free-kick, before Matthew Eve doubled their lead on the hour-mark.

However, Hadleigh pulled one back in the latter stages and then grabbed their equaliser deep in stoppage time.

STANWAY ROVERS drew 0-0 in their home match against fellow top-ten side Wroxham.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC did not have a fixture on Saturday and next play at Walsham-le-Willows in the Suffolk Premier Cup on Wednesday night.

However, the Imps did confirm some transfer news just before the weekend.

They have signed striker Terry Rymer from Clacton, while Ollie Mann has returned to Lawford Lads and Sean Gunn has joined Capel Plough.

In the first division, LITTLE OAKLEY bounced back from last week’s defeat against Whitton United to beat bottom side Needham Market Reserves 3-0.

Skipper Lewis Wood nodded them ahead before Rob Pratt’s cool finish made it 2-0.

Harry Mann then steered home from an angle to complete a comfortable victory at the Memorial Ground.

HALSTEAD TOWN were involved in a pulsating 4-4 draw at home to Leiston Reserves.

Losing 2-1 at the break, they played their part in a thrilling match thanks to goals from Jordan Pavett (two), Lewis Cunliffe and Cameron Storie.

The latter grabbed an equaliser in the final minute of the 90.

HOLLAND FC’S losing streak continued as they went down 3-2 at home to Downham Town – their fifth straight league defeat - while BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES thumped March Town United 5-1.