JORDAN Blackwell was the two-goal hero as STANWAY ROVERS pocketed three points on their travels at Thetford Town.

Both came in the first half of the Thurlow Nunn League contest.

Elsewhere in the premier division, WIVENHOE TOWN gleaned a very useful point from their 1-1 draw at Kirkley and Pakefield.

Chris Hudson's side are still propping up the table and went into the match on the back of a 6-0 defeat against Thetford last Saturday.

However, they produced a battling display and came from behind, after a goalless first period at Walmer Road.

Kirkley drew first blood but Ross Debrick curled a fine goal into the far corner.

The hosts hit the woodwork after that but the Dragons stood firm to bring a precious point back to north Essex.

It was also a successful day for BRANTHAM ATHLETIC, as they saw off Haverhill Borough 4-1 at the Leisure Centre.

Borough took the lead with a header from a corner but Ben Newson restored parity, applying the finishing touch to a sweeping move.

George Clarke, who scored both goals for the Imps in last week's 2-1 success against Newmarket Town, nodded home and then showed his strength, holding off challenges before firing home to make it 3-1.

Haverhill were reduced to ten men in the second half and Sam Newson put the cherry on the cake by firing home from 20 yards.

Fourth-placed Brantham remain two points behind Stowmarket Town, who won 4-1 at Ipswich Wanderers.

However, both sides closed the gap on second-placed COGGESHALL TOWN, who suffered a rare defeat when losing 2-1 at Histon.

The hosts scored in either half before Tom Monk pulled one back for the Seedgrowers.

Coggeshall are still two points ahead of Stowmarket and four above Brantham.

They also have three games in hand on both.

FC CLACTON had an off-day at the Rush Green Bowl, losing 2-0 against Gorleston.

The visitors netted with a tap-in, after the ball was crossed from the left, and then made the points safe with a near-post header from a corner.

Jake Plane nearly put the hosts on level terms when he rattled the bar late in the first half.

In the first division, LITTLE OAKLEY secured an excellent 3-2 victory at home to AFC Sudbury Reserves.

An own goal was followed by strikes from Jordan Heath and Harry Mann.

BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES won 2-0 at Norwich United Reserves, thanks to goals from Alfie Cleal and Mark Dallinger.

HALSTEAD TOWN went down 4-2 at home to King's Lynn Town Reserves.

Chris Harris and Karl Andrade, from the penalty spot, accounted for the Humbugs' goals.

HOLLAND FC lost 3-1 at Framlingham Town.

The coastal side host Oakley in the First Division Knockout Cup on Tuesday night.