HARWICH Boxing Club staged their 14th annual dinner show, in conjunction with Colchester United.

It took place at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

The hosts provided 15 contests, with eight of their own boxers in action.

Former national junior novice champion Rio Gordon returned after a 15-month gap due to injury in a bout with Reece Collins, from West Ham ABC.

Collins was a former national champion and England international, so it had the potential to be a stern test for Gordon.

Both boxers were competing over the three three-minute round distance for the first time.

Little separated them in the opening minute.

Then Gordon, 17, took control as he slipped shots and smashed shots to the head and body with much success.

It was the pattern of the contest from here on in, as Gordon piled the pressure onto his East End foe, coming out a comprehensive unanimous points winner. His efforts also saw him adjudged the best host club boxer on the night.

Top-five English ranked light heavyweight Patrick Allen Cripps stepped up to cruiser weight to take on Attleborough ABC's Ezra Arenyeka, also over the three three-minute round distance.

Allen Cripps pushed Arenyeka back for most of the contest with his fast hands and extra experience coming to the fore as he edged each round.

Nonetheless, Arenyeka's awkward style saw him have his own moments, scoring well with counter punches.

After three entertaining rounds, Allen Cripps took the spoils on a unanimous points decision.

Another Harwich boxer to face a former national champion was 15-year-old Jack Farrow, who took on starlet George Plumb from Gateway ABC.

His boxing skills saw him take the first round and he did just enough to edge the second.

However, Plumb came storming back in the last to win the session.

After a close contest, Farrow took the decision on a split verdict to record a much-needed win.

Seventeen-year-old Sam Campbell looked to record his first win at the second attempt, after just dipping out on his debut contest last month.

Sudbury ABC's Cameron Brookes provided the opposition and his high workrate gave Campbell plenty to take think about in the opening two rounds.

However, a big last round, combined with efficient and effective shot selection earlier on, saw him home on a unanimous points decision.

Leo Carty went over old ground against Tom Dickson, from Centurions ABC.

The 13-year-old looked to repeat a win over Dickson, having edged him out on points last month.

History did in fact repeat itself, as his shot selection paid off in the opening two rounds, followed up by a dominant last to take a unanimous points decision.

Newcomer Leo Baxter also faced a Centurions puncher in the shape of Aaron Eles.

The pair met in a lively encounter.

Eles pressed throughout the contest, but Baxter's accurate shots found their mark time and time again.

The tall and extremely game Eles walked into too much trouble in the last session, suffering two standing counts from Baxter's bombs.

It resulted in a referee stoppage in favour of the 15-year-old Harwich boxer.

Junior Cameron Walker dropped a split decision against West Ham's John Jarvis and 17-year-old Killian Hardy struggled to find his range before dropping a points decision to St Ives ABC's Shahzad Aslam.